You don’t have to wait until National Employee Appreciation Day to show your employees you appreciate their hard work and commitment. It’s crucial your hourly workers feel valued, especially during challenging times. And, the holiday season is the perfect time to implement lasting initiatives. Keep on reading to discover creative employee appreciation ideas that you can easily personalize for your team.
Build stronger teams with Sprockets! Our AI-powered solution reveals which potential hires share similar characteristics with your current top-performing employees, ultimately empowering you to predict applicant success.
The Importance of Employee Appreciation
Studies show that employee appreciation impacts retention. Employees that feel valued and appreciated are more likely to stay at a job longer than those who are not. 40% of employees say they would be motivated to put more effort into their work if they were recognized more often. Individuals who are willing to go the extra mile for their employer can boost productivity and contribute to a reduction in costly turnover.
How to Show Appreciation to Employees
- Individual Recognition: A free, yet effective way to show employee appreciation is praising individuals in front of their peers. Recognizing your employees for even the smallest details helps boost their sense of value and keeps them engaged.
- Team Meal: There’s so much room for creativity here! Transform your break room into a holiday wonderland and put together a special meal for your team. Whether you choose to order out or whip up something yourself, the food will make your employees feel appreciated. Plus, the meaningful conversations and quality time spent together are added bonuses!
- Holiday Cookie Decorating Contest: It only takes a few dozen sugar cookies and colorful sprinkles to get the competition rolling. Shower the winner with a local gift card, gift of your choosing, or the simple satisfaction of being the holiday decorating master.
- Employee Appreciation Messages: If you love expressing your thoughts in writing, then this is the perfect idea for you! Make (or buy) thank you cards and write a personalized note to each employee. Handwritten cards are especially meaningful because the recipients know you took time out of your day to make them happy.
- Holiday Bonuses: Running a business can be extremely time-consuming. Luckily, there’s no need to spend hours upon hours searching for the perfect gifts. Instead, reward your employees for their hard work with a holiday bonus! This season can be a stressful time for hourly workers in any industry. People are shopping for presents, upgrading their homes, gathering the right decorations, and ordering out to avoid cooking before the holiday festivities.
- Paid Holiday Leave: Who doesn’t love time off to enjoy the company of friends and family? While you may not be able to give each of your employees an entire week off, an extra day or two of PTO will likely make your hourly workers feel valued. Plus, the extra time off helps prevent burnout and improves work-life balance!
Bonus Idea: Share the Power of Sprockets
Gift yourself (and your hourly workers) the dream team with Sprockets’ hiring software! Enjoy being on a friendly, cohesive team with coworkers who will seem like family. Our Applicant Matching System reveals which potential hires will perform like your best employees. Sprockets traffic light scoring system easily reveals which applicants will succeed and stay long-term.